Friday, November 23, 2012

Eatin' til your belly buss

$10 lunch pick - The Jerk Joint

As a worker bee, sometimes you don't have the foresight or energy to pack your lunch the night before. So what can you get for Ten Bones in downtown Toronto?

The Jerk Joint is located in the Entertainment District in the Queen Street Market, a rather abandoned looking building, which also houses one other tenant, a Mac n' Cheese joint (more on that later). It's been heralded as authentic jerk chicken, so I just had to try!

My friend in crime, ordered the vegetable plate, which offers the vegetable of the day | curry pot | rice | plantain | slaw for $8. Not sure where the slaw and plantain is hidden though!

The Vegetable Plate
I ordered their jerk chicken, which was smoky and very spicy. The chicken was tender and very moist! I love when rice and peas are smothered in gravy and was delighted when they offered their house gravy. The small size portion is $7 and surprisingly very filling!

Jerk chicken mon!
Their menu offers a list of other things, including the Bolt Burger, which I believe is homage to Usain Bolt! Jerk pork and fried chicken will most definitely make me return to explore!



238 Queen Street West (Queen St just east of John St.)
Hours: Monday to Sunday | 11:00am – 9:00pm
Phone: 647.748.7011 Fax: 647.748.7311 | Delivery: http://www.orderit.ca


Readers, do you have any hidden gems you'd like to share?

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog! This post is awesome!
    Check out my blog, write your opinion and maybe...follow?
    I’ve done a page of my blog on Facebook. If you want to be updated about the last post on my blog, like it!
    Here is the address: http://www.facebook.com/ThisIsWhatICallFashion
    Thank you in advance!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cuuuteee :)

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious post!

    Inspiration is what I get from reading your blog,
    So that deserves a new follower :)

    Love your style and see you as such as good inspiration!!

    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete