Thursday, November 1, 2012

Brunch and Cake

I went to a book club brunch with Kat and a few friends last Sunday, we were discussing Y by Marjorie Celona. It's a great book and an easy read - I highly recommend it! (plus the author is Canadian!)

I wanted to take some pictures with the cobweb decorations for Halloween. I should have dressed up for this brunch! too bad all my good ideas are a few days too late. Instead I wore suede shoes on the first day of Hurricane Sandy - I know, I'm 0-2.
 

Dress: H&M (similar) // Boots: Joe Fresh (similar) // Belt: Zara // Bag: Vintage from Bridge+Bardot (similar) // polka dot Socks: My Dad (similar)
 
I'm trying to be eery in the red light



We were also celebrating two early birthdays so Kat picked up some YUMMY Dufflet cake. She has the best taste!
 

Hey You, Get the Look!




13 comments:

  1. Love your dress :)

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look beautiful, we love your dress!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for a new book so I'll try to find Y somewhere (wish me luck...). Also your outfit is cool! I like it :)

    Hitchcockesque blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post!
    looking forward to your next one <3

    Natali xx
    www.divagirlstrikesagain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something about this look that I really love! Great blog, want to follow each other?

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kind of classy, sophisticated, smart & flirty at the same time..

    Thnx for your comment doll!

    I'd like to follow you!

    Like my Facebook page if you want to stay updated!

    Xoxo

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Juicy-Confashions/450396928311999

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your purse!! I'm a sucker for vintage purses! xD

    The Krystel Book

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rose,

    Thank you for your comment. I actually have loads of questions about the city haha! I seriously do not understand the grid system, the the street cars or the whole north to south east to west thing. I keep getting lost. I have no sense of direction whatsoever! In Ireland our busses just go into town or wherever and our town is so small, you'd never really get lost lol.

    Oh and where do people go out? Is there any cozy pubs or good bars/ night clubs that i should know about. And what do girls drink over here when it comes to alcohol? because i don't like beer, lager, cider etc unless it tastes like ice cream or lemonade.

    Thank you xx

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress really looks good on you! thanks for the comment and keep in touch! :)

    xx pauline
    classycroissant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete