Saturday, October 27, 2012

X marks the spot

The XX at Massey Hall

As some of you may have already guessed, I love the XX. Every XX show sells out in Toronto, but I luckily scored some great seats at Massey Hall. Visiting Massey Hall was a long time coming! It is an institution in Toronto. The acoustics are fantastic.



The XX were fantastic live! They put on a light show and played extensively from their self-titled album. During the set, Jamie Smith created re-mixes of their songs and was an absolute highlight. When Romy and Oliver sing together, it is absolutely haunting. The band was completely humbled by the audience's reaction and love. It made me fall for them even more!






A remix of Fiction from their new Coexist album by Synapson is worth a listen:



Although, I have to say my absolute fave remix is by Matthew Dear version of VCR. Do yourself a favour and check it out below:



No comments:

Post a Comment