Sunday, October 21, 2012

Shoemint review

Shoemint is a new "shopping experience" which combines Rachel Bilson's style with celebrity stylist Nichole Chavez. The shoes are crafted by Steve Madden, a line of shoes that I do enjoy! To access Shoemint you have to sign up using your email address or facebook account. You take a little quiz and the account will generate shoes that reflect your style.

Curious as a Kat, I signed up and perused their shoes for a few months before I decided to take the plunge and purchased a bordeaux patent leather pair of flats. They remind of Ferragamo flats, which I drool about, and they're perfect for work and play! Did you see Rose rocking her Ferragamo flats here?



Here's my shoemint review based on my first purchase.

Pros:
  • Sizes range from size 5-11 and my size (and every other woman on Earth, 7.5) is usually there! 
  • Free shipping and returns (if in the USA)
  • Typically real leather or suede 
  • The website runs a fair amount of promos. I received $30 off my first pair. 
  • The product website provides lots of photos and a video of the shoes 
  • True to size and the flat runs narrow, which is great for me! 
  • The website allows buyers to leave a review, which I found quite useful
  • I am currently obsessed with Burgundy/Bordeaux/Oxblood
Cons:
  • As a Canadian, we're hit with a $19.99 shipping charge. Luckily, I was not charged duty but I did have to wait a full 10 business days before my package arrived.
  • The rubber sole is fairly thin
  • The middle of the shoe buckles when the shoe is worn
  • Buying shoes online is always tough and there are no showrooms available. This is strictly an online retail experience.
  • If you sign up, be prepared for multiple e-mails daily
Overall: The flats cost $70. The flats were not the best quality flat, but for the price, it sits in the market where Aldo would be. The shoes are made of real leather and I adore the grosgrain detail. Shoemint shoes are cheaper than Steve Madden shoes which I believe to have gone up in price in Canada. I think for the price point, these were a great purchase. 





Read more about other shoes I have been eyeing after the jump!



I have been eyeing these two shoes from Shoemint but I don't think I can pull off the heel! Readers, what do you think? Have you joined any of the "Mint" shopping websites?


I think flats with bows are a classic piece that should be part of any work wardrobe. Here are some cute ballerina flats that I've been eyeing.

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I love the bow detail. I also love the chloe platforms, nude is the best!

    Stop by sometime, xo Natalie
    lavagabonddame.com

    ReplyDelete